We are looking for a part time Financial Controller who will lead the accounts function and contributes to the strategic financial goals, policy development of Minerva and ensuring full implementation of specific finance objectives / initiatives and key Business-related goals, as required. Establishing and maintaining finance operational excellence.
The Financial Controller represents Finance for Minerva and reports to the CEO.
Accountable for the direction and daily operations of all Finance related functional disciplines including but not limited to: Finance Planning and Strategy Contribution; Finance Operations and Administration; Finance Management Information Systems (ERP); Facilitating Government Relations matters for the Company and its Employees.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following (Direction may be given for additional tasks outside the scope of work described at the discretion of the Management from time to time):
– Full financial / management reporting to include producing a monthly finance pack for submission to CEO and weekly reports including cash flow, sales projection, forecasts, targets and budgets.
– Ensuring all accounting functions, such as purchasing, invoicing, receivables, payables, salaries etc. runs smoothly and to best practices.
– Prepare projections annually and update monthly with actual figures.
– Ensure adequate cash flow to support business needs.
– Liaise with banks and represent Minerva when dealing with them. Work on ensuring Minerva has facilities such as Invoice Discounting and Vendor Payments.
– Prepare analysis of key business drivers and share with team at quarterly QBR meetings.
– Ensure ERP system is evolving so we are implementing best practises at all time.
– Supplier maintenance and payment.
– Bank reconciliation and online banking to include all payments.
– Ensure exchange risk is effectively managed.
– Ensure stock control and audit of risks are in place.
– Maintain all legal agreements and have knowledge of them. Read and review any documentation for approval and accuracy sake.
– Ensure SOP’s and processes are in place for the smooth operation of the organisation.
– Reviews and endorses all payroll payments and deductions to ensure they are compliant with entitlements, company policy and local employment laws.
– Oversees the renewal of the Medical Insurance, Travel Insurance Scheme’s in partnership with HR.
Qualifications and desired experience:
- C.M.A. Qualification.
- Bachelor’s Degree required specialising in Finance and Accounts.
- Experience of applying for and setting up credit facilities for invoice discounting and vendor payments with banks and/or 3rd party
- trade finance companies involved in factoring/forfeiting/vendor payments.
- Minimum of 5 year’s overall experience in Finance and Accounts with at least two years in a similar Management capacity.
- Significant understanding of Finance and Local Labour Laws.
- Excellent spoken and written English, mother tongue only
Analytical / Problem Solver
- Strong analytical skills, both financial and non-financial.
- Ability to identify and manage risks appropriately.
- Fair, objective and creative problem solving skills.
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Can demonstrate ability to research the market and analyse data
Change Agent / Leadership and Influencing
- Ability to affect change.
- Strong leadership skills, able to motivate, develop and inspire others.
- Display’s emotional maturity and sensitivity when dealing with others. Remains tactful and is able to professionally relate to colleagues at all levels in the company.
- Operates with integrity, confidentiality and objectivity at all times.
- Previous experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Pragmatic / Operator
- A self-starter who is results focused and able to deliver to a deadline.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing various key finance projects in previous roles
- Motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Pro-active and not be afraid to take the initiative
- Able to make independent decisions and competent and confident enough to do so
Well planned and organised
- Attention to detail and motivated to implement accurate and efficient administration methods / data capture in all aspects of work.
- Proactive to address and resolve issues as they arise.
- Extremely well organized and demonstrates sound planning skills.
- Must be highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Good organisation and self-management skills, especially when under pressure.
Strong interpersonal / communication skills / Team player:
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- A team player and a good role model within the Management Team.
- A passion for HR and effective associate engagement.
- Must have excellent spoken and written English and be a good communicator.
Must have extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP programs, CRM knowledge
When applying for this job please mention ‘MIN FC’ in the subject line of your application. This will show us that you have read the full job advert. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.